Earlier this year, I was debating if I will be able to manage myself with Brandon to take the long flight to go back to KL to attend his wedding. At first, I thought I might be able to close a real estate transaction then I may be able to use the proceed to get a business class ticket. However, that particular deal didn't even take place at all. I am still working with this client and I know he is ready to buy when he is ready. Well, there goes my flight ticket.
I actually have no problem paying for the ticket (economy one lar, not business), it is just the LONG exhausting ordeal I have to go through with my boy on the 18-20 hours flight. I actually thought about everything. Tried to plan out if that is workable.
- Brandon is now on potty training and he does his big ones in the potty almost all of the time. It is difficult to carry a potty with me on the flight for this purpose.
- Brandon didn't like confinement like the small lavatory in the plane. I don't think I can get him potty there either. Changing his diaper may be challenging in the small diaper area provided in the lavatory.
- He likes to roll around before going to sleep. That's not going to happen on the plane.
- He span of attention on 1 item/toy is very short. Does that mean I need to bring a lot of toys onto the plane with me?
- So many toys, how many carryon can I carry? Furthermore, I have to carry him, bags and stroller.
- If Brandon sleep on me, then what if I need to go to washroom? Even when he is awake, he is very bad with stranger and I don't think I can have the air stewardess to help me look after him when I go.
- What if he cries like last time? I don't think I can endure that 'again' just by myself without Hubby being with me. I will go crazy!
Really really really reaaaaalleeee want to attend the wedding dinner. The dinner will be venued at Mandarin Oriental Hotel. It is going to be something lavish and different from all the weddings I've attended (actually not that many). Also, I like to join the wedding fun as I already missed out my other cousin's wedding and not forgetting I missed my own sister's wedding as well. When my sister had her wedding dinner in KL, I was pregnant, couldn't go on plane. Somemore very long flight, not like next door country.
So ... sincerely from here, half way across the world, across the Pacific Ocean ... wishing my cousin, Chris and his beautiful wife-to-be, Ee-leeng ...
"May you find yourselves on this wedding day a partner who shares your forever love, your passion. May you find someone whom you can approach as a spouse, a soul-mate and most importantly, as your best friend.
PS: Sorry Chris, your bachelor days are soon to be overED! Better enjoy your single life during this 2 weeks before wedding ya! Not to scare you, life may be tougher after having a wife around. kekekee ... Sorry Ee-leeng, have to give him some insights.