May 1, 2006

Dinner time - prepared General Tso's Chicken

Living with a baby is not easy. Time is limited, especially if the baby is demanding (at certain days). I have to find ways to prepare easy and fast dinner. Usually I only cook rice, plus one meat dish and one vegetables dish, since I only need to feed two - hubby and myself. Hubby is pretty easy-going with food. Unlike in KL, where eating out (or tar pow: to-go) is so easy and reasonable priced (if you don't eat at high class restaurants). That will save a lot of time cooking and preparing the food. So, what I've decided is to find prepared meal from Sam's club (like Makro in KL) where you buy things in BULK. I've planned to purchase meat dishes here and prepare the rice and vege myself.

Below is the first trial prepared meat dish we bought over the last weekend. It is called the "General Tso's Chicken". Hubby picked this. It is an asian dish. The chicken meat is battered with tempura and deep fried. It came with 2 packets of sweet gingery sauce. Actually, the serving size can be divided into three for just the two of us. But since there are only 2 packets of sauce, we decided to divide this into two meals.

We can either use the oven or deep fryer to reheat it. I've decided to use the oven (more healthy - less oil) and baked them at 400 degree F for 15-18 minutes. First I thought the result may not be as crunchy and crispy as deep fry, but I was wrong. The tempura chicken meat was very crispy indeed. As for the sauce, we just throw in the thawed packet in to a boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes. Then we pour it over the chicken meat. It was not bad ... actually we may get it again in future.


The box of prepared meal

Divided into two dinner servings

Two packet of sweet gingery sauce (still frozen)

Before the reheating and saucing (still frozen)

After the baking - Our dinner!

2 comments:

ZMM said...

Yummy frozen food!

wHOisBaBy said...

zara's mama: easy dinner! for busy, lazy person like myself.