Feb 24, 2006

38th week Appointment

Yesterday we went for our another weekly appointment. Oh yea, baby is still inside me. We arrived at 415pm and was told by the receptionist the doctor was away at the hospital delivering a baby and would be back in 30 minutes. There were 5 people before me. Some of them were new patients. We waited until 430pm and I suggested to let me do the NST (Non Stress Test) while waiting for the doctor to return. Carmen, the nurse set up the equipment and we were brought inside to the office for the test. Again, baby was sleeping nicely and had to be awaken by the sound gun ... beep beep beep. After the nurse left us, baby went back to napping, I continuously have to wake baby up by talking about food - pie, cookies ... and a few times I even have to flick my tummy a little with my finger so baby would move move.

Doctor came back and saw me first. He said the NST was very good and baby's head is very low and it could be anytime now. Aiyo, I also know it could be anytime since two weeks ago but when leh??? He asked me if I have any questions, but I didn't. So we left and while making our next week appointment, the receptionist received a call from the hospital and she told me the doctor has to leave again for another delivery. Luckily, the hospital is just like 5 minutes away. And luckily, I was seen first. he he he ... or else, I would probably have to wait another 1 hours or so for the doctor to return.

We then went to Marie Callendars to get a Lemon Cream Cheese pie as promised to baby when I was doing the NST test. The restaurant is having pie month and all pies are only $5.99 each (plus 50 cents tin deposit). Sorry no picture of the pie. Next time.

2 comments:

ZMM said...

Anytime now huh? But if baby is in a good position, it would be easier on you.
Baby actually response to food talk? So cute!

wHOisBaBy said...

zara's mama: During the appt, Dr said could be this week or next. the baby is pretty low too he said. Hubby also noticed the drop on my tummy said is so low now.

must be a 'wai sek' baby! hehehe