Feb 16, 2006

37th Week Appointment

Getting closer by days now. I have yet to feel any contractions. Hmm ... may be the baby will be late/overdue? Oh boy, I am already feeling a little uncomfortable now. Already put on close to 30-32 pounds now. Also sleeping just on my right side starting to get sore a little. Couldn't sleep on my left side as my left thigh/leg will get numb and painful and no sleeping on the back. I've been using two pillows to support my back while sleeping facing the right side.

My hubby drove me to the appointment today. From this week onwards, he will be my personal chauffeur to my doctor's appointments. Appointment made for 445pm. Arrived at 430pm. Today was fast. Got to see the doctor at 445pm. Did an ultrasound to check the baby's gueestimated weight. Dr. said baby has big head - about 9.1cm in diameter and 33cm in circumference. Baby approximately 6 pounds now (2.7kg). Dr. also said there are very little space inside the uterus for the baby to move. It was difficult to see anything much on the ultrasound.

My Strep B test came back negative so I don't have to have antibiotics for it when in labor. But Dr. said I should have an I.V. for hydration because no water will be allowed during labor. Definitely no food. So I guess I have to eat first before I go into the hospital.

After seeing the doctor, the nurse helped to prepare me for the NST (Non-Stress Test). Baby was sleeping nicely, but the nurse had to wake him up with the sound gun. When the gun made the sound, baby jumped up a little. The nurse left, and the heartbeat was good, then baby went back to nap. Oops. The graph was not moving much and staying around 140-145bpm. Dr. came in and woke the baby up again (using the sound gun). This time, he sure did. Baby's heart beat went up to between 150-170bpm for more than 5 minutes. After that, baby went back to nap and when the Dr. came in, he saw the peaks and he was satified and let us go home. I was worry that he might want to wake baby up again. hehehe. Hubby suggested that I should eat something sweet sweet before going to the doctor's office next week so baby will be wide awake and they don't have to force him to wake up using the sound gun again.

Baby is still kicking and moving a lot. As I am typing this entry, baby moves and kicking my rib/stomach/liver. Sometimes the baby's kick made 'pop' sound inside my body. That is the funniest thing to feel.

2 comments:

Allyfeel said...

Amazing isn't it? It's always so wondeful to feel baby, it's like baby is communicating to you. Baby will tell you story in her own way. :P

wHOisBaBy said...

allyfeel: baby is so active and so much stronger now. i am getting more stretchmark due to the intense kicking, especially to my right side. just can't wait for baby to come out.