Dec 28, 2005

Bye-bye Christmas, C'ya in 2006

Wow, wasn't that fast?! Christmas has gone by just like that. Nothing much was going on here as on Christmas day, everything closed - malls, restaurants, even Subway Sandwich Outlet. Some Chinese places were opened. Anyway ... we spent our holiday at home. Had turkey dinner with sweet potato (also known as yam here). Simple dinner meal at the in-laws. The rest of the day we spent cleaning the house mostly.

I miss listening to the Christmas carols on the radio - KOST 103.5. This is the one thing I always look forward to for Christmas (beside shopping). This radio station started playing Christmas songs since the day after Thanksgiving (11/25/05). So from then on, it will be my favorite FM channels for this time of the year. In the car, house, and office, the radio is always tuned to 103.5. They stopped playing it the day after Christmas. I still feel like Christmas, may be I should take out some Christmas CD to play. I just love Christmas Carols.

The day after Christmas is the after Christmas sale day. As this year, that day fell on a Monday and was a public holiday, more people were able to shop. Usually people has to get back to work on the 26th unless you take your own day off. So shopping is crazy this year. Too many people, so we decided not to join the crowd.

I did get two softwares/programs for free after rebates. Free after rebate - you pay for the item and then when you get home, you mail in the form, the receipt with the UPC code and wait for 8-12 weeks for the manufacturer to mail u a check for the amount stated on the rebate form. So in the end, you only pay for the sales tax (which is 8.25% in Los Angeles). These are the two softwares I bought:

Photo Album 6.0
Cosmi Scrapbook Deluxe

2 comments:

eiko-chan said...

Why your "About Me" like didn't appear one 0_O???

Ooh, i'll go check the book out when i go out!!! Thanks for recommending ne X3!!!~ I'm currently reading Narnia!!!~

Merry Christmas ^-^!!!~

wHOisBaBy said...

I don't get what you mean regarding the "about me". I erased the original "about me" and put in another one so it won't link to my profile mar. that's why.