May 18, 2006

Nursery Rhymes

Since the first day Baby Brandon came home, whenever he sleeps we tried to turn on the radio for him. We would listen to the Chinese Radio Station 1430AM for his day time napping and during his night sleeping, we would play the Mozarts for Mothers-to-be and Ultrasound for Pregnant Mommy. A little noise helps him to sleep better and also we want him to acustomed to noise and not easily disturb by it.

Actually, I've been looking around for nursery rhyme CDs for a long time. I know is better than listening to the Chinese Radio Talk Show, but I need to find the 'right' CDs because I didn't want to end up with multiple of CDs with the same song by different producers.

So finally I finished my research and bought 2 sets of Baby Genius CDs from Amazon.com. I was actually planning to get only 1 or 2 CDs but ended up with SIX! Well, why did I ended up with SIX was because the cheaper pricing for sets than individual CDs. Each CD cost $4.98 at Amazon.com. But if you buy the set which consists of 3 CDs each, they are only $9.98 each set.

These were the 2 sets I bought:
  1. Favorite Children's Songs ('Favorite Nursery Rhymes', 'Sing, Dance and Play' and Children's Songs)
  2. Children's Sleepytime Songs ('Bedtime Beethoven', 'Sweet Dreams Lullabies', and 'Night Night Classics')

I've been playing these CDs day and night. And now I always humming or even singing it out loud the nursery rhymes whenever I was doing my chores. Even now I am singing it while typing this post because baby is napping with the Favorite Nursery Rhyme CD. London Bridge is falling down ... falling down ... falling down ...


2 comments:

ZMM said...

are they just music or songs??

Zara likes songs sung my children, and it's tough to get good ones here.

Most of the ones here have very bad English pronunciations. :(

wHOisBaBy said...

zara's mama: give me your email, i can send u one of the mp3. any particular ones she likes? we don't have 'Mcdonald' though. but we have 'BINGO' and 'BABY'.