May 15, 2006

Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier

I have a baby carrier I brought from Malaysia but it wasn't that comfortable for me and the baby. So I thought I ought to get a better one here. I've heard a lot of good things about Baby Bjorn and was looking online and couldn't find it cheaper. Since everywhere has the same price, we decided to get it at Babies 'R' Us with the 10% coupon.

This past weekend, we went to Babies 'R' Us to purchase this. They have all the samples of baby carrier out for sampling. I know I only wanted Baby Bjorn as I read about it, the baby carrier can be taken off so easily especially if you want to put down a sleeping baby. The carrier comes in two separate parts and to put the baby down, you just need to unbutton (6 buttons) the front panel and lay the baby down. It is very EASY to put on and take off, unlike some other baby carriers. This carrier can be used for baby as young as 1 week old with at least a minimum weight of 3.5 kg/8 lbs and a toddler with a maximum weight of 12 kg/26 lbs. The top of the front panel gives a strong head support for younger baby who needs to face inward when carrying. And when the baby has a stronger neck, he/she can face outward and the head support can be folded down giving the baby a stronger chest support. There is also an adjustable buckle at the bottom of the carrier to fit baby at a different height.

So while we were there, I tried on the baby carrier original ($79.99) and the one with back support, baby carrier active ($119.99). I found the original is the best to fit me as the one with the back support is heavier and very complicated to put on. I didn't feel much different with the back support, may be I ought to wear on longer and it may make a different. At the end, I've made my mind and went with the classy Black Color Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier Original since is cheaper. See pictures below.


The box


The two separate parts where you can easily take off the front panel


The instruction inside the front panel for easy reference


The adjustable buckle on the bottom of the front panel


Our first trial at home with Baby Brandon on the Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier Original - Hands free!

5 comments:

mom2ashley said...

baby brandon looks so cute in it. i carry ashley using a baby sling though....perhaps it's not so good for the back as compared to baby bjorn carriers...but she loves to be carried in the baby slings....she's getting heavier now though so i cant carry her in it for too long;)

wHOisBaBy said...

mom2ashley: i was looking for a baby sling in the beginning and bought one from target. Tried it at home when brandon was sleeping in it, he didn't look comfortable as his head kinda bent towards his chest. we returned that and was planning to sew one myself. but too much hassle so waited until now to get buy a REAL carrier.

ZMM said...

I have a Baby Bjorn too.. And yes!! It's absolutely fabulous.. Good choice..

I got exactly like the one you got, but it's navy blue in colour.

It's really handy.

And wow.. Brandon can already use it facing out huh?? Good!

ZMM said...

Hey, you saw that it can carry a baby up till 12Kg? Mine said only up till 10Kg.

Zara is about to reach 10Kg.. I was just wondering if we can still carry her in that.

wHOisBaBy said...

zara's mama: i saw your pictures in bali when your hubby carrying zara with the baby bjorn carrier.

little brandon wants to be on camera, so we thought we put him face out just to take the picture of him in it. otherwise, we still put him facing inward.

my box (first pic) says up to 11kg/25lbs. i think the 12kg may be for the one with the back support. but if you have the same one as mine, you are still good up to 11kg.